The Florida Policy Institute’s vision is that of a state where people who work hard can build a future; a state that’s a good place to raise a family and run a business; a state where the population is fully engaged with an open, accountable state government.
In achieving this vision, the Institute promotes widespread prosperity in a growing economy for all Floridians by producing accurate, timely and understandable information based on solid research and analysis of state budget, tax and economic policies. We communicate our findings strategically, making use of messaging that meets people where they are and that non-experts can relate to. And we put our work into the hands of grassroots organizations that can mobilize for progress. Our work will contribute to sound policy decisions that improve economic security and opportunity for individuals, families, communities and Florida as a whole.
In fulfilling our mission, we value the following:
- Independence: The Institute provides fact-based, nonpartisan analysis of fiscal and economic policies and their implications for all Floridians.
- Impact: The Institute values making a difference in the lives of Floridians by providing impactful policy analyses and recommendations to the state’s decision makers.
- Integrity: The Institute conducts its work with the highest level of intellectual honesty, accuracy and objectivity.
- Inclusion and Diversity: The Institute values inclusion and diversity in many forms in the work we do to bring about a just and equitable society.
- Civic Engagement: The Institute values participation from all of the state’s residents in shaping public policies that affect their lives and promoting economic prosperity for all.
- Collaboration: The Institute believes that, “We are better together,” and encourages strategic partnerships to bring about lasting solutions to the fiscal and economic issues facing the state.
- Equity: The Institute’s work is grounded in the fundamental belief that government has a role to play to help improve the lives of all the people it serves. We are deeply committed to public policies that recognize the needs of Floridians struggling to make ends meet.
- Empowerment: The Institute helps Florida residents take an active part in civic life by providing timely, understandable information on issues of concern regarding their well-being.