Office Manager/Part Time
Position Overview: The Office Manager is responsible for accounting, financial and cash flow reporting, human resource administration, maintaining vendor relationships and overseeing office facilities/equipment. This person will have recognized expertise within their scope of work, ability to organize, review existing situations, make recommendations, troubleshooting and problem solving, negotiation skills resulting in cost reductions, coordinate and implement procedures to insure efficient operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities reflect those the Office Manager will be asked to perform:
- Process cash receipts by entering into quickbooks, taking deposits to the bank, updating donor log and sending acknowledgements to donors.
- Maintain receivables from donors and funders for funds due the organization.
- Process accounts payable verifying amounts and obtaining necessary approvals, enter into quickbooks. Making necessary follow-up for discrepancies.
- Process payments printing checks, attaching appropriate backup for signature, mailing checks and filing paid invoices.
- Maintain vendors by obtaining W-9 for 1099 determination, identify and prepare required 1099’s at the end of the year.
- Facilitate annual audit and 990 preparation.
2. Financial Reporting
- Close financials at the end of the month making monthly income entry.
- Prepare Balance Sheet and YTD Profit and Loss Statement.
- Prepare Cash Flow Report reviewing anticipated expenses and receipts from donors and funders.
- Generate informational reports as requested by Executive Director (donor reports, detail reports, Etc.)
3. Human Resources
- Maintain employee files in locked file cabinet.
- Review payroll reports and enter the appropriate journal entry into quickbooks.
- Research options for new benefits. Obtain annual renewals for existing benefits – health, dental, life/AD&D, vision and TSA. Review options and assist in recommendations.
4. Office Administration
- Maintain ongoing office issues – equipment, telephones, etc. Office Supplies
- Obtain quotes on major items
- Maintain contracts
- Check voice mail messages and forward to appropriate personnel
- Other tasks and projects as needed by Executive Director.
5. Fundraising Support
- Prepare donation acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with fundraising appeal mailings and donor recognition events.
- Assist with logistical planning of fundraising events.
6. Board Administration Support
- Assist in preparation for Board Meetings.
- Keep minutes at Board Meetings
- Obtain and follow-up on appropriate Board Member Agreements – Whistleblower, Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Policies and maintain in locked file.
- Update Board Manuals.
The Office Manager reports and is accountable to Executive Director.
Minimum Amount of Formal Education Required:
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree highly desirable.
Minimum Amount of Experience Needed to Perform This Job Adequately:
- At least 2 years of directly related experience.
Skills and Abilities:
What skills are required to perform this job?
- Experience with desktop publishing software (InDesign), bookkeeping (QuickBooks), internet publishing (Word Press), Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook), mass email software (Mail Chimp).
- Communication skills
- Basic math
- Organizational skills
What abilities are required to perform this job?
- Attention to detail
- Prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Meet deadlines
- Focus on details without losing sight of the big picture
- Balance deadlines and accuracy
- Commitment to the goals and mission of the FPI
Send a cover letter (including salary requirements), resume, writing sample of choice, and references in a single PDF file with your name on it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida Policy Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.